Coronation Street spoilers: Jimi Mistry to LEAVE the cobbles with ''fantastic exit storyline''







"When I was told about this storyline I felt it was a brilliant way to say goodbye to Kal," reveals the actor who plays Gym owner Kal Nazir

In the gym, Kal puts Nick and Steve through their paces but when Kal winds Nick up, he loses his temper and knocks Steve to the ground

Kal is off

Jimi Mistry to exit Coronation Street as part of ''fantastic'' twist, it has been announced.
Gym owner Kal Nazir is to bid farewell to Weatherfield in a dramatic storyline later in 2015.
Jimi said: "When I was told about this storyline I felt it was a brilliant way to say goodbye to Kal and I am really looking forward to filming my departure scenes.
"I want to thank Stuart and the team for giving me the opportunity to be part of such a fantastic show. This is the longest I have ever been in one job and I have enjoyed it immensely."

ITV Yasmeen quizzes Leanne about her divorce and warns Kal that if he ever intends to marry her, he’d best draw up a pre-nup. Kal’s mortified whilst Leanne’s offended. Yasmeen then approaches Nick and tries to persuade him to take Leanne back. How will Nick react? Will Yasmeen succeed in splitting Kal and Leanne?
What will the twist be?
Producer Stuart Blackburn added: "Kal’s departure will be a big part of the fantastic spring and summer of drama on Coronation Street.
"We discussed the plot idea with Jimi and we all feel it is a great storyline which will have huge ramifications for the Nazirs and Leanne going forward.
“Jimi is a talented actor and an asset to the show and we will be sorry to see him go, but this is a fantastic exit storyline there are still many twists and turns for the character in the coming months.”