Girl writes shocking letter saying she can't go to 10-year-old friend's birthday 'because you are black'





    Harmony Jones received a letter, written in pink, blue and green markers from a friend saying her dad would not let his daughter go because of her race


    Harmony Jones letter
    Harmony Jones letter

    The birthday party of a 10-year-old was ruined after one of her best friends wrote to say she was unable to attend after her father banned her as she was black.
    Harmony Jones received a letter, written in pink, blue and green markers, which read: "Maby I will not be able to come to your birthday sleepover, because my dad will not let me go because you are black not trying to be races [sic], but my mom let me no [sic] Happy birthday!'

    Harmony Jones
    Heart Breaking: Harmony Jones, 10, was given the letter written in coloured markers

    Both girls attend Highland Oaks Elementary School in Memphis, Tennessee.

    Harmony Jones father
    Angry Father: Harmony's dad Christopher said he never thought he would have to deal with a situation like this

    Harmony’s father, Christopher Jones said: “It angered me a little bit, it hurt me that my 10-year-old girl had to deal with this and I myself never thought I would have to deal with this.”