Coronation Street's new Bethany Platt Lucy Fallon looks so young she gets asked for ID--->>










Lucy, 19, was hired as 14-year-old Bethany Platt after Street bosses fired Katie Redford, 25, for lying about her age


Courtesy of ITVPublicity picture of Lucy Fallon
Baby face: Lucy Fallon

New Corrie star Lucy Fallon denies claims she is too old to play a teenager in the soap – saying she gets asked for ID at 15 certificate movies.
Lucy, 19, was hired as 14-year-old Bethany Platt after Street bosses fired Katie Redford, 25, for lying about her age.
But some fans were not convinced, saying Lucy looked too old for the role.
One said on Twitter: “Bethany Platt back in #corrie, how old is she meant to be now?”

Katie Redford aged 14 Coronation Street sacked
Sacked: Katie Redford

In her first interview, Lucy hit back: “I’m asked for ID all the time. Once I was even ID’d when buying petrol.
“I carry ID with me all the time because I am always getting ID’d. I was ID’d at the cinema to watch a 15 film last year.”
Playing Bethany is Lucy’s first acting job. After studying drama at school in Blackpool she worked in Subway and several clothes shops before landing the role.
When Redford was fired for saying she was 19, the call from producers came out of the blue. She added: “I was in bed and the phone rang. My agent calmly said ‘hi Lucy’ and then she said I had got the part.
“She carried on talking and I asked her to stop and find out if I really had got the part. I thought somebody else had it.
“When it really turned out to be me, I was even more shocked.”
Lucy still lives at home with her parents and her boyfriend Ryan works as a waiter. Viewers will see her character Bethany back on the cobbles next week.
She said: “I’m not really bothered about the fame. Tisha Merry who plays Steph has given me advice on how to handle it.
“I share a dressing room with her.
“Everyone here has been amazing.”